Chermoula-marinated lamb cutlets
|1 Tbsp||Water, boiling|
|1 pinch||Saffron threads, soaked in the water|
|3 cloves||Crushed garlic|
|2 cm||Fresh ginger, knob, peeled and finely grated|
|¼ cup||Coriander, chopped|
|¼ cup||Mint leaves, chopped|
|1 tsp||Chilli paste, or 2 tsp|
|1 tsp||Sugar, or 2 tsp|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|¼ cup||Lemon juice|
|16||Lamb cutlets, or trimmed lamb chops|
- Soak the saffron in the hot water for a few minutes.
- Combine with the remaining marinade ingredients.
- Place the cutlets in a plastic bag and add the marinade.
- Move the cutlets around so they are well coated. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from the marinade shaking off any excess.
- Cook on a preheated barbecue for about 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked, brushing with marinade during cooking.