Thai-Style Chicken Sausages
The fat can be replaced with 2 tablespoons of oil. However, I believe a little fat enhances the flavours.
|100 g||Pork, fat|
|1 kg||Boneless chicken thigh, skinned|
|1||Kaffir lime leaf, finely shredded and chopped|
|3 Tbsp||Basil, finely chopped|
|3 Tbsp||Coriander, finely chopped|
|3 Tbsp||Mint, finely chopped|
|1||Long red chilli, seeded and diced|
|1 to taste||Freshly ground black pepper|
- Cut the chicken and fat into 3cm pieces.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Mince the meat and fat together. Place in a bowl.
- Chop the garlic, sprinkle with salt then mash to a pulp with the flat blade of a heavy knife.
- Using your hand, combine the meat mixture with the garlic pulp, kaffir lime leaf, herbs, chilli and black pepper. Mix well.
- Return the meat to the mincer and fill the casings according to the instructions. Do not overfill.
- Twist the sausage about every 10cm to make smaller sausages. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Barbecue over medium-low heat, turning often.
- Great served with barbecued asparagus and chillies.