Chicken burgers with avocado spread
( SERVES 6 )
It is funny how my kids put more salad bits into their burgers when they construct them!
|1||Onion, finely diced|
|500 g||Chicken mince|
|1 tsp||Crushed garlic|
|1 tsp||Thai green curry paste|
|1 tsp||Ground cumin|
|½ tsp||Sea salt|
|½ cup||Panko breadcrumbs, soaked in the milk|
|¾ cup||Rolled oats, instant, crushed|
|1 Tbsp||Sweet chilli sauce|
|1 Tbsp||Sour cream|
- Combine the chicken mince, onion, garlic, curry paste, cumin, salt and soaked breadcrumbs.
- Mix well and divide into patties. Roll in the combined oats and sesame seeds, then chill until required for cooking.
- Mash the avocado with the sweet chilli sauce and sour cream, and season.
- Preheat a grill pan or barbecue. Spray patties with oil and cook over a medium to low heat for 3-4 minutes each side until golden and cooked all the way through.
- Serve the patties with the toasted buns and different topping options, then let everyone build their burger.
Tip: Make tasty takeaways that the whole family will enjoy. Adding oats to the outside of the patties gives them a crunchy fibre boost, while soaking the breadcrumbs stops the patties from drying out during cooking.