Green peppercorn mustard
I make jars of this every Christmas to give away, as it goes very well with ham. If you want to make just a little bit then halve this recipe, as this makes quite a few jars of the stuff.
- Combine all the ingredients in a glass or ceramic bowl and leave to stand in a cool place for two days.
- Don’t leave it any longer, as I once did, or it goes off and tastes dreadful.
- In a blender, mix the mustard until you have a coarse paste. You may need to do this in batches.
- Mix the mustard well and spoon into small, clean jars.
- Melt over some sealing wax, filling right to the top of the jar.
Tip: You can get jars of green peppercorns and yellow mustard seeds quite cheaply in some ethnic supermarkets.