Photo by Babiche Martens
|8||Mint leaves, torn roughly|
|½||Lime, cut in four wedges|
|2 Tbsp||Sugar syrup, see below|
|45 ml||Rum, white|
|125 ml||Soda water|
- Place the mint and one lime wedge into a glass and crush using a muddler to release the oils and juice.
- Add two more wedges and the syrup, then crush again. Fill the glass with ice.
- Pour the rum over the ice and top with soda.
- Sugar syrup: Simmer sugar and one cup water for 5-10 minutes until slightly syrupy.
- Cool, store in a jar in the fridge.