Cheddar and chutney pinwheels
Tasty and moist – and good for using up random cheese and the last bits of chutney. Onion marmalade also works.
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the self-raising flour, baking powder, cheese, butter, rosemary and salt.
- Toss to coat the butter and cheese bits in flour.
- Stir in enough milk to bring the ingredients together and make a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a rectangle, about 30cm x 20cm.
- Spread the chutney all over the dough, then roll up gently to make a log.
- Cut into 2cm slices and arrange in a circular or flower pattern. Ensure to leave a 1cm gap in between each one.
- Brush with milk and bake for 15-18 minutes until the wheels are golden brown and puffed.
- Serve while warm with butter.
Tip: I find celery salt really useful in savoury dishes because it adds a depth of flavour, as well as saltiness.