Salmon with bacon, mushrooms and oyster sauce
Photo by Tamara West
If mushrooms and oyster sauce are your thing, then this is the recipe for you. It is quite a rich dish so keep portion size small.
- Heat the grill to high.
- Lay the salmon on a shallow baking tray, season with freshly ground black pepper and top with 2 of the bacon slices.
- Place under the grill and grill for about 8 minutes.
- The salmon should be slightly under cooked in the middle – remember it does keep on cooking a little after being removed from the heat source.
- Meanwhile, dice the remaining bacon slices and place in a frying pan over a high heat and pan-fry until crisp.
- Add the button mushrooms and pan-fry until golden.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the garlic and pan-fry for a further 30 seconds.
- In a small bowl combine the oyster sauce with ¼ cup of hot water.
- Pour into the frying pan and blend well, stir through the parsley.
- Remove the salmon from the grill, remove the bacon (this becomes a cook's treat) and place on a warmed serving platter.
- Pour over the mushroom sauce and grate over a little nutmeg.
- Serve with wilted spinach or a fresh spinach salad.