Grilled asparagus with haloumi, mandarin dressing and honeyed almonds
( SERVES 8 )
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Smash the almonds roughly into large chunks. Place these in a baking tray and drizzle with honey.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the honey begins to caramelise.
- Put the juice from the mandarins in a small saucepan and reduce over a medium heat until you have about 4 tbsp of juice.
- Whisk in the Dijon mustard, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp canola oil and the avocado oil. Season the dressing to taste.
- Break the bases off the asparagus spears and discard. Blanch the spears in some lightly salted boiling water, then refresh in iced water.
- Thinly slice the courgettes lengthways, then brush the asparagus and the courgette strips with a little canola oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and chargrill either on your BBQ, or in a grill frying pan.
- Slice the haloumi into ½ cm wide strips, toss in some seasoned flour, then pan fry in canola oil.
- Arrange the vegetables and haloumi on serving plates, garnish with the almonds, greens and flowers, and drizzle with a little dressing.