Egg and smoked chicken ribbons
( SERVES 12 )
Nothing says high tea like a little delicate sandwich. You can use many different fillings. Remember that a generous amount of butter will keep them soft and flavourful, and prevent them drying out.
- Combine eggs, celery salt and mayonnaise, and mash together until smooth.
- Lay out four bread slices and generously spread with egg mixture.
- Top with another slice of bread and spread with butter.
- Arrange the slices of chicken over butter and then spread with hummus.
- Sprinkle over mircogreens. Butter remaining bread slices and sandwich on top of the greens.
- Stack the sandwiches in a container and cover with clingfilm. Chill until required.
- To serve, cut off outside crusts to make neat squares, then cut each layered sandwich into 3 ribbons.