Spring lamb cutlets with balsamic beetroot
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Elizabeth Clarkson
- Trim the lamb and season with cumin and a little salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan, add the oil and brown the lamb over medium heat on all sides.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pan with a lid or tinfoil and cook very gently for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the lamb is cooked, remove from the pan, cover and keep aside to rest for at least 10-15 minutes.
- To cook the potatoes, steam them until almost cooked through, then toss them into a saucepan with a knob of butter.
- Place the pan over gentle heat, cover with the lid and cook for about 5-10 minutes, shaking occasionally.
- Steam the beetroot for 20 minutes, then peel and cut each in half.
- Wash the spinach well and toss into a pan with the beans.
- Cook over low heat in a few tablespoons of water for 2 minutes and drain.
- To serve, slice the lamb into eight cutlets. Place each on a dinner plate and surround with the potatoes, spinach and beans and beetroot.
- Drizzle crema di balsamic over the beetroot and dot a few drops on the plate.