Salad of Jersey Bennes, asparagus, soft-boiled eggs, capers and anchovy herb oil
Photo by Fiona Andersen
- Place potatoes in a medium-sized pot. Cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer until tender, remove from water with a slotted spoon and reserve.
- Bring water back up to a fast boil and blanch asparagus for 30 seconds before removing from water and cool under cold running water.
- Slice asparagus and set aside.
- Place salt, half of the following, parsley, mint and tarragon in a mortar and pestle and grind to a smooth paste. Add anchovies and oil and mix in well. Set herb oil aside.
- Place potatoes, asparagus, eggs, remaining herbs, salad greens and red onion in a large bowl and gently mix to combine.
- Divide between 2 plates, scatter with capers and finish with a generous amount of herb oil.