Southeast Asian chicken, bean and potato curry
Everyone who has tried this curry has said it’s one of the best they’ve ever had. It’s also dead easy to make.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or saucepan on medium heat.
- Cook shallots and garlic until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add cumin, coriander, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, curry paste, brown sugar and 1–2 Tbsp of the coconut cream.
- Cook for 1 minute, constantly stirring with a wooden spoon so the paste does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add remaining coconut cream and continue to cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, potatoes and chicken.
- Bring to the boil, then lower heat to a simmer.
- Simmer, partially covered, for 15–20 minutes until chicken and potatoes are cooked through.
- Stir curry occasionally while cooking. Add beans in the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
- Garnish curry with coriander.
- Serve in a large bowl for everyone to help themselves with a salad of cucumber and tomato and some steamed rice.