Mini Microwave Festive Cakes
Cook in microwave-safe large muffin pans, cups, or one-cup plastic containers
|70 g||Blanched almonds|
|70 g||Hazelnuts, (skins removed), coarsely chopped|
|1 cup||Dried apricots|
|1 cup||Pitted prunes, coarsely chopped|
|¾ cup||Pineapple, glace, chunks|
|375 g||Mixed fruit, premium dried|
|½ cup||High grade flour|
|½ tsp||Baking powder|
|½ tsp||Mixed spice, ground|
|2||Eggs, well beaten|
|¼ cup||Brown sugar, firmly packed|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
- Lightly grease muffin pan or cups. The bases can be lined with baking paper.
- Put the almonds, hazelnuts, apricots, prunes, pineapple and dried fruit mix in a bowl.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and mixed spice over the fruit and nuts. Combine well.
- Cream the butter and sugar, until light. Gradually beat in the eggs.
- Add the flavourings and flour/fruit mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon into the muffin cups and press extra cherries and nuts on top.
- Place the cakes around the outside edge of the turntable and cook on low (30 per cent) power for 12 to 18 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Can be glazed with honey.