Gluten-Free Berry Zest Festive Cake
- Preheat the oven to 150 degC.
- Line the base and sides of a heavy, deep 21cm round cake pan with baking paper.
- Beat the butter, orange rind and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add ground almonds and golden syrup. Mix well then slowly beat in eggs until combined. Scrape down the bowl as you work.
- Stir in the Berry Zest mix, brazil nuts, flour and spice. Spread the mixture into the cake pan. Smooth the top with a wet hand.
- Bake for about 1 1/2 hours or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cover with foil and cool in the pan. This cake can be stored in the refrigerator for two months.