Roasted pecan and caramel cupcakes
Photo by Babiche Martens
Nutty, sweet and chewy, these little bites of heaven are the perfect excuse to get into the kitchen and do a bit of baking. Makes 24 small cupcakes
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|½ cup||Self raising flour|
|¼ cup||Ground almonds|
|¼ cup||Pecans, (toasted and finely chopped, plus 1 tbs extra to garnish)|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line mini muffin trays with paper cases, or oil spray silicone cases.
- Cream the butter, vanilla and sugar until pale, then add the eggs one at a time, mixing well.
- Fold in the flour, almonds and pecans, alternating with the milk.
- Spoon the mixture into each case and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and cakes spring back when lightly touched.
- Put all the icing ingredients in a small saucepan and warm over a gently heat, stirring until smooth.
- Bring to the boil. Remove from heat and let cool a little, then drizzle over the cakes.
- Top cakes, topping with extra chopped pecans.