Fresh tuna salad with tomato, red onion and char-grilled red pepper
Photo by Doug Sherring
|1||Red onion, small, peeled and sliced|
|1||Red pepper, large (capsicum)|
|3 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1||Lemon, Finely grated zest|
|½ cup||Kalamata olives, drained|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|2 Tbsp||Parsley, finely chopped|
|100 g||Cherry tomatoes, halved|
|½ cup||Basil leaves, loosely packed|
|1 to serve||Cos lettuce leaves, Fresh and crisp|
|1 fillet||Tuna, fresh|
- Grill or barbecue red pepper until charred and cut into small cubes.
- Set aside with any juices.
- Soak onion in a bowl of icy cold water for 15 minutes.
- Rinse tuna, pat dry with paper towels and cut into small cubes.
- Mix extra virgin olive oil, half a teaspoon of salt, plenty of black pepper, lemon zest and juice together in a bowl.
- Drain onion, pat dry and add to bowl with olives, parsley, cherry tomatoes and red pepper.
- Gently toss everything together. Add tuna, toss gently again, then add basil.
- Serve on crunchy cos lettuce leaves.