Zucchini, bacon and feta tartlets
Ready-rolled pastry makes these tartlets as easy as 1-2-3. Try different fillings like mushroom, spinach and blue cheese, or sundried tomato, basil and mozzarella.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Semi-thaw the pastry sheets. Using a cookie cutter or glass, cut out 6cm discs and press into the base of 3 mini muffin trays (or reuse one tray if you don’t have 3).
- Chill until required.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute onion, bacon, zucchini and garlic for 3-4 minutes until just coloured, but zucchini is tender.
- Let cool, then spoon into pastry shells.
- Whisk together eggs, cream and seasoning and pour into tartlet shells, slowly allowing the mixture to drizzle through the zucchini mix and fill the tarts.
- Dot with feta and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Serve with herbs and cracked pepper.