Vanilla bean, raspberry and Persian floss cupcakes
( MAKES 24 small )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Cupcakes with fairy floss, what could be better for a tea party? Spend an enjoyable morning baking and then wow your friends with your creations at afternoon tea time.
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|½ cup||Self raising flour|
|½ cup||Ground almonds|
|1 packet||Fairy Floss, vanilla Persian|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line mini muffin trays with paper cases or oil spray silicone cases.
- Cream the butter, vanilla and sugar until pale, then add the eggs one at a time, mixing well.
- Fold in the flour and almonds, alternating with the milk.
- Spoon a little of the mixture into the bottom of each case, top with a raspberry and add more of the mix to cover.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and cakes spring back when lightly touched.
- To make the icing, combine the vanilla bean seeds with the butter to make a paste.
- Add the icing sugar and enough of the boiling water to create a smooth icing.
- Spoon over each cupcake, top with a little floss and a raspberry.