Cheese, ham and rosemary pinwheel scones
( MAKES 12 )
Photo by Tam West
These are fantastic for picnics and lunch boxes. They are very easy to make and delicious warm or cold.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Grease a 20 x 30cm slice tin.
- Place flour, baking powder, salt and buttermilk into the food processor and mix until it forms a soft dough.
- Turn out on a floured surface and roll out to a 45cm long rectangle.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the dough, then sprinkle with grated cheese, diced ham and rosemary.
- Roll the dough up lengthways to enclose the fill.
- Slice into 12 even pieces and place them in rows of three in the tin. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden.