Vegan Chocolate Mousse Cake
( MAKES 15 inch cake )
Vegan, Gluten free and low fat with only whole food ingredients, it is a guilt free dessert that satisfies your decadent cravings! This cake has a delicious crunchy crust topped with creamy fudgey chocolate mousse that with a recipe so simple and easy to make in a blender or Vitamix! - Credit to Natalie from www.feastingonfruit.com
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grind the almonds in a blender until they resemble a fine meal.
- Add the maple syrup and blend until you have a clumpy mixture. Add 1 tbsp of water if necessary so that it sticks together when pressed.
- Place a piece of baking paper in the bottom of a 6 inch or 15cm (diameter) spring-form pan. Press the crust evenly into the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Combine all the mousse ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until very smooth and creamy.
- Pour on top of the crust and smooth the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Remove from the oven. Cool, then refrigerate overnight.
- Serve chilled from the fridge with berries or whipped cream on top