'HURRY CURRY' COCONUT SAUCE
Here's my 'go-to' Curry Sauce that is delicous with any fast-fried fish or seafood. The use of a blender makes it almost effortless. It is also suitable to serve over cooked chicken and/or seasonal vegetables
|½ cup||Fresh herbs, parsley, coriander, dill, etc|
|1 large||Onion, roughly chopped|
|4 cloves||Garlic, peeled|
|5 cm||Fresh ginger|
|2 Tbsp||Harvest Coconut Oil|
|½ cup||Thai green curry paste|
|1 Tbsp||Oyster sauce|
|¼ cup||Lemon juice|
|400 g||Thick coconut milk|
|1 Tbsp||Ground turmeric|
|2 long||Red chillies, Seeded & chopped|
|500 g||Fish fillets, Or, seafood of choice.chopped|
|1 cup||Long grain rice|
|1 side||Plain unsweetened yoghurt, Optional|
|1 side||Mango chutney, Optional|
- Chop or process the fresh green herbs and set aside.
- Process onion, garlic & ginger with on/off pulse action until chopped fairly fine.
- Heat coconut oil in a heavy pan. Saute onion, garlic, ginger mix over medium heat for a couple of minutes. Add green curry paste. Lower heat and cook for several minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Combine: oyster sauce, lemon juice, coconut milk, cornflour and turmeric in blender and process until smooth. Stir this mix into saucepan. Add the chopped red chilli.Bring to boil, stirring constantly, then, lower heat to simmering point.
- Cook sauce for five minutes.
- To prepare for service: Cook rice. Fry fish or seafood. Re-heat sauce. Add chopped fresh green herbs.Fold fish into sauce and serve with cooked rice. Serve with dollops of yoghurt and mango chutney if liked.