Reader recipe: 'Go For Gold' Lamb Chops
( SERVES 4 )
The aroma of rosemary-scented lamb is so inviting. These chops - marinaded in ginger wine & marmalade and other delicious stuff - then coated in spicy crumbs - appeals to everyone.
|8 medium||Lamb leg steaks, Or, lamb loin chops|
|3 Tbsp||Sherry, Or, Green ginger wine|
|3 Tbsp||Dijon mustard|
|1 Tbsp||Rosemary leaf|
|1 cup||Dried breadcrumbs|
|1 Tbsp||Smoked paprika|
|1 Tbsp||Ground turmeric|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon pepper|
|1 drizzle||Oil spray|
|4 leaves||Bay leaves, (Optional)|
|4 sprigs||Fresh rosemary, (Optional)|
|2 medium||Lemons, Quartered|
- Trim the chops. Place them in a large, shallow dish.
- Combine sherry or ginger wine, mustard, marmalade, mayonnaise & rosemary leaves. Spoon over chops, turning to coat. Cover with clingfilm and leave to marinade, for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Combine breadcrumbs, paprika, turmeric & lemon pepper. Lift each chop from the marinade and roll in the crumb coating to completely cover. Place in a single layer on a platter Refrigerate to 'rest' for at least an hour before cooking.
- Pre-heat the barbecue. Spray the chops with oil and cook 3- 5 minutes each side. Spray the bay leaves & rosemary sprigs, if using, with oil and cook for a couple of minutes. Serve garnished with leaves & lemon quarters.
- Note: I like to serve these with a dish of Jasmine Rice & preserved lemon and plenty of colourful salads.