Spring asparagus with goat's cheese and pomegranate lime dressing
This recipe was submitted by Helen Lesslie as part of our Springtime reader recipe competition.
For the salad
|3 bunches||Asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces, blanched and run through cool water|
|3 large handfuls||Rocket|
|100 g||Goat's cheese, soft, crumbled|
|½ cup||Almond flakes, crunchy and roasted|
|1 handful||Watercress, sprigs, to serve|
For the dressing
- Clean and trim asparagus and cut spears into 2cm slices on an angle.
- Blanch asparagus in a pot of boiling salted water for 2-2½ minutes.
- Remove from heat and rinse with cold water.
- Add cooled asparagus to a large salad bowl along with the rocket and goat's cheese.
- Mix dressing ingredients together. Add dressing to salad, toss until salad coated.
- Sprinkle salad with pomegranate seeds and crunchy almonds.
- Season with sea salt and pepper and sprinkle over watercress sprigs.