Reader recipe: Spinach & eggs on toast
( SERVES 1 )
This recipe is fast, easy and healthy.
- Place the toast in the toaster. Fry the garlic in the olive oil for a minute or so in a hot pan.
- Wash and trim the spinach leaves.
- Place the wet spinach leaves on top of the fried garlic.
- Turn the leaves until they are slightly wilted with the steam.
- Break the eggs into the pan on top of the spinach.
- Sprinkle ground pepper and salt seasoning on top of the eggs.
- Place a lid on the pan and turn off the element.
- Butter the toast and by then the eggs will be perfectly poached and the spinach cooked.
- Scoop all the contents of the pan onto your toast and this will keep you going all day.!!