Reader recipe: Spring chicken pasta salad
This is a main dish salad which can be served warm or chilled. It's perfect for a Spring lunch with, perhaps, some crusty bread. It's colourful and pretty - nutritious and delicious. And it just 'Sings of Spring'!
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, as per packet directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok and stirfry chicken in batches at high heat for 4 minutes or, until cooked through.
- Drain cooked pasta and stir through, the sour cream and cooked chicken.
- Add the five remaining salad ingredients and arrange in bowls or on a serving platter.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice and lemon pepper in a small screw topped jar. Shake to emulsify. Drizzle the dressing over salad.
- Serve warm, or chilled. Garnish the salad with edible flowers & fresh herbs. (I have used violets & borage flowers and dill.)