Reader recipe: Citrus beef
Fresh with just a hint of fruitiness.
|500 g||Shin beef, Cubed|
|½ large||Leek, Sliced|
|½ small||Swede, Cubed|
|1 whole||Yellow capsicum, Sliced|
|1 stalk||Celery, Sliced|
|1 Tbsp||Fresh ginger, Crushed|
|1 Tbsp||Garlic, Crushed|
|1 Tbsp||Marmalade, Grapefruit|
|1 bag||Tea bag, Earl Grey|
|½ tsp||Ground black pepper|
|1 sprig||Parsley, Finely chopped|
- Salt beef well then cube and toss in flour then place in slow cooker bowl.
- Prepare all vegetables and add to slow cooker.
- Add ginger and garlic to slow cooker with marmalade. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Steep tea bag in 1 cup of boiling water until strong, then pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cook for 6 hours on Low.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and steamed green beans. Sprinkle with chopped parsley when serving. Enjoy!