Reader recipe: Vegetable soup with spaghetti and israeli couscous
( SERVES 6 )
This minestrone style of soup is a bowl packed with goodness and nutrition; topped by flavour. Accompanied by warm potato buns lathered with some garlic butter makes this a meal in itself. Perfect when made in the cooker. I make it just before dinner can be served and bring it hot to the table.
|1 piece||Onion, finely chopped|
|1 stick||Celery, fnely chopped|
|1 piece||Carrot, finely chopped|
|1 piece||Potato, finely diced|
|1 piece||Garlic clove, finely chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil,|
|8 cups||Vegetable stock,|
|8 pieces||Black peppercorns,|
|½ can||Crushed tomatoes|
|¼ cup||Israeli couscous, pearls|
|4 sticks||Spaghetti, broken into 2 or 3 pcs|
- Add the oil in the pressure cooker. Sauté the peppercorns, onion, celery and carrot. When the onions are translucent, add the potato, garlic and the tomatoes. Continue to sauté for a couple of minutes more.
- Next add in the stock , Israeli couscous and Spaghetti. Close the cooker lid and add the weight.
- After the 1st whistle, turn the flame to simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Open the cooker lid only once all the steam has been released. Check for seasoning
- Serve hot with any crusty roll lathered with garlic butter.
- NOTE : For a Non-Vegetarian version, you could replace the vegetarian stock with chicken stock and add some cooked shredded chicken when serving.
- Source : My personal blog www.sunispalate.wordpress.com