Couscous filled Baked Apples
This is a savoury spin on the traditional sugary baked apples. It's a great accompaniment for pork or Christmas ham, combining the sweetness of the baked apple and blueberries with the tartness of the orange juice and the freshness of the herbs.
|12||Apples, medium sized|
|2 cups||Boiling water|
|¾ cup||Dried blueberries|
|150 g||Feta, crumbled|
|½ cup||Pine nuts, toasted|
|⅓ cup||Mint, chopped|
|3 Tbsp||Parsley, chopped|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Place couscous in a bowl, pour over boiling water and stir briefly.
- Cover bowl and set aside for 10 minutes for couscous to steam and soften.
- Meanwhile, prepare the remaining salad ingredients.
- Fluff up couscous with a fork and set aside to cool completely.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir through remaining salad ingredients.
- Place dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour dressing over couscous and stir to combine well
- Core out apples so approximately 1/4 cup of couscous can be spooned into the hole.
- Spoon couscous mixture into apples
- Place filled apples on a baking tray, roast in oven for 30-45 minutes
- Serve warm with a savoury meat dish, e.g. pork or roast ham. Enjoy!