Pasta Bread Dish
( SERVES 5 )
An easy and yummy bread-topped pasta dish the whole family will love.
|2 cups||Pasta spirals|
|1 can||Chopped tomatoes|
|1 can||Pasta sauce, garlic flavor|
|½ loaf||Soft white bread, cut in quarters|
|1 cup||Colby cheese, Grated|
|500 g||Beef mince|
|3 cloves||Garlic, Finely Diced|
|1 small||Onion, Finely Diced|
|1 splash||Extra virgin olive oil|
|4 small bunches||Bay leaves, whole|
|1 tsp||Rosemary, dried|
|1 tsp||Basil, dried|
- preheat oven to 180'c on bake.On low heat add oil, garlic and onion to a frying pan, when garlic is brown add mince, a pinch of salt, and herbs and stir until mince is cooked. heat a pot of water with salt.
- when there is no more pink in the meat add in the tomatoes and pasta sauce, and empty wants left in the can with water. while this is on simmer check the water if its boiling add pasta to it.
- check pasta , when it is soft add to mince and mix together. then place in an oven safe dish. place all pieces of bread on top like layers. sprinkle every piece with cheese and place in the oven.
- Check the dish to see if the cheese has melted, once it has wait a little bit longer untill it is golden brown.
- Take Out of the oven and serve it on its on or with a nice homemade summer salad.