Chinese Hang Bang seafood
Last Week, I went back to the original ruins of Hang Zhou. During my lunch in a restaruant named "grandmother's home," I shared my childhood experience, talked about the history of Qing Dynasty, and listened to a old man's speech I did not know before. Hang Bang Cuisine, originating in the Song Dynaasty, with its delicate, crispy,fresh and sweet features, used to be one of the most famous cuisines in China. The words Hang Bang, meaning "the group of cooking seafood", originated in Zhejiang Province.
There are two cooking methods in the Hang Bang cuisine. One of the most famous and well-known is called "Lake Food" which was created by court Chefs in the Emperor's palace. The other is called "City food." My great grandmother is from Hangzhou, which is one of the oldest cities in China that has a thought-provoking history.
There are a lot of snack bars and places that were built in the Centre of Old Hang Zhou about 600 years ago. My great grandfather was a famous cook. When he was a teenager, he used to travel in the southern part of the China to learn different kinds of cooking methods. by the way, he met a lot of famous cooks in Zhejiang province. There people who enjoyed eating seafood and vegetables together started making a new name for this cooking method. They called it: Hang Bang. About 600 years ago, at the beginning of the West Song Dynasty, in order to enrich seafood flavor,chefs began steaming carp, meat with herbal tea.
- Put the cleaned shell fish on the top of the boiler. Boil in the preheated steamer for 3 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine the white sugar and chopped garlic in a big bowl, put some sea salt and cornstarch to make the soy sauce.
- Thirdly, dust the smoked fish with special sauce and soybean sauce. Add the Chinese spring onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the Chinese mature vinegar, sugar, chopped ginger, soy sauce and water.
- Let us wait for 1 minutes.