Mussel egg pudding with rice
( SERVES 2 )
It's what mum used to make!
- Shuck mussels cleanly with a special tool. Make sure all mussel is in one piece. Remove any "beard" with scissors. Wash quickly under running water and then cut in half. (Large mussels cut into 1/3s.) Place into a large 750ml bowl.
- Take a one or 2 large spring onion stalks and cut about a dozen small sections using only the green leafy part....place with mussels
- Crack 3 eggs with yolks into bowl with mussels and spring onions. Mix thoroughly together until all consistent
- Take 3 dried chinese mushrooms and soak in water for 30 minutes. Once soaked rinse under clean water and then thinly slice. Add them all to the mussel mixture and mix in.
- Find a pot big enough to contain the bowl of mussels. Add about 12-15mm of water to tbe base of pot. then using a small saucer as a base, place your bowl of mussels into the pot and steam for 5-10 minutes until the egg appears to just form a homogeneous mixture with tbe mussels..
- Make sure all mussel juice after washing is retained and used in the finished
- Once mussels are steamed. Remove the mussels and add a couple squirting of soya sauce for taste on mussels (optional)and serve with steamed rice in rice bowl. Use full desert spoon of mussel to add to bowl of boiled rice and mix up. consume finished mixture together using chopsticks or spoon.