Gurnard and Cream
( SERVES 4 )
This is from my mother's recipe, I loved it as a boy and now my children request it when they come home. This is a simple recipe that can be prepared and then cooked just before serving. Delicious with homemade chunky oven baked chips. Not a recipe for dieters.
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Saute the onion in a little in a little oil
- Cut the fish fillets into bite size pieces
- When onion is soft add to an ovenproof dish.
- Add the fish, sprinkle over the paprika, season with salt and pepper
- Pour over the cream.
- Put in oven and cook until fish is cooked throuh, about 20 minutes.
- Add parsley and serve.