Chorizo and Prawn Rice Salad
( SERVES 6 )
This is the ultimate fresh and spicy summer salad. Full of flavor and a definite crowd pleaser!
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Chorizo sausage, Hot|
|1||Shallot, Finely chopped|
|2 cloves||Garlic cloves, Finely chopped|
|250 g||Brown rice|
|2 cups||Chicken stock|
|3 large||Tomatoes, Chopped|
|15||Prawns, Peeled, deveined and tails intact|
|1||Red capsicum, Cut into strips|
|½ bunch||Fresh coriander, Roughly chopped|
|2||Limes, Cut into wedges|
- Heat half of your olive oil in fry pan, and cook your chorizo until brown on each side. Once cooked, remove and set aside
- Using the remaining oil, cook onions until translucent, then add garlic (adding garlic too soon can cause the garlic to cook too fast) cook for another few minutes. Stir in Rice and cook for another 2 minutes. Pepper and salt if required.
- Add your chicken stock and wait for ingredients to boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is almost cooked (keep checking as this will depend on the type of brown rice you've used) keep a glass of warm water close and if the fluid levels get too low, add a litte water.
- Once rice is almost cooked add your tomatoes, prawns and capsicum by pressing into the rice. Cook for another 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes, covered.
- Scatter with coriander and lime wedges. Enjoy!