Baked bread rolls with cream sauce
This recipe uses fresh ingredients and is always a winner at any BBQ or dinner party.
- Preheat the oven to 180 *.
- Ensure bread dough has risen and kneaded down.
- Smear deep oven pan with butter and sprinkle with flour to prevent dough sticking.
- Break bread dough into pieces and roll into 10 cm diameter circles and place in pan. Make sure the dough balls are stacked close together. Cover and allow to rise.
- In a pan, saute your bacon pieces and chopped onion, garlic, tomato, and mushrooms. Stir together and reduce the sauce. Take off heat.
- Add pepper/parsley and cream and pour sauce over the bread dough. Place in oven and allow to bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Place back in the oven and allow to bake for an additional 10 minutes until golden brown.