Decadent Limoncello Trifle
This recipe was submitted by Allisa Reid as part of the reader recipe competition calling for a special occasions dessert. "Normally I loathe trifles being the sort of person who hates custard and fruit and soggy spongy mess but this is wonderful – light but rich - with lots of lovely layers and textures."
- In a trifle dish place a plain sponge.
- Pour approx. 50 ml limoncello evenly over it.
- Whip cream with 1-2 tbsp yoghurt and place a layer over the sponge
- Take half the merignues, spread the lemon curd generously over the base of each and place down over the cream
- Sprinkle toasted coconut flakes
- Repeat with another layer of sponge, limoncello, lemon curd and meringues Top with whipped cream and coconut flakes.