This recipe was submitted by Madalyn Brewer as an entry into our special occasion desserts competition.
- Put one half of sponge in base of spring form cake tin.
- Cut enough strawberries in half long ways and with the cut side out, place round sponge against tin.
- Beat cream until thick then beat into the cream cheese. Mix in lemon zest, lemon juice and icing sugar.
- Carefully spoon mixture into the centre of cake allowing some of the mixture to squeeze between strawberries but not too much.
- Place other half of sponge on top. Press down very gently. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours preferably overnight. Take spring form tin off. Decorate the top with berries and dust with icing sugar.