Bailey's choc chip biccie log
This recipe was submitted by Melanie McFarlane for the reader recipe competition calling for a special occasion dessert ." An attractive and decadent dessert for adults only. A non-alcoholic version can be made using chocolate sauce made with icing sugar, cocoa and boiling water with dark chocolate melts added to enrich the chocolatey flavour."
- Prepare an oblong serving platter (25cm to 30cm long).
- Pour the Baileys into a bowl.
- Take two biscuits and soak each biscuit in the Baileys on both sides for 5-8 seconds (long enough to soak through but not too long that the biscuits break).
- Sandwich the two biscuits together with 1 Tbsp whipped cream and place upright at one end of the serving platter.
- Soak another biscuit in the Baileys and use whipped cream to add it to the first two biscuits. Continue with all the biscuits until they are all arranged in a log along the serving platter.
- Soak up any excess Baileys on the bottom of the platter with a paper towel, taking care to keep the edges of the platter clean. Smother the remaining whipped cream other the entire log and sprinkle with the crumbled flake.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve and serve on the same day. To serve, arrange fresh berries around the log and add a sprig of mint.