Banana cream with praline
This recipe was submitted by K Spencer as a part of the reader recipe competition for special occasion desserts. "This is a delightfully beautifully delicate banana and cream and praline recipe which I have been making for friends and family for many years. I think it was passed onto me when I attended a dinner party a few years ago and I commented on how this lovely dessert finished the meal."
|½ cup||White sugar|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon zest|
|2 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|1 sachet||Gelatine, dissolved in a little hot water|
- For the banana cream, blend bananas in food processor. Add sugar and blend until creamy. Add cream and blend lightly. Add lemon juice and lemon rind and blend briefly Add dissolved gelatine and blend briefly.
- Pour into individual bowls or 1 large bowl depending on preference. Put in refrigerator until set.
- For the praline, heat almonds in saucepan until slightly browned and place on tray that has been greased (don't spread out too much).
- Heat sugar and water until sugar is dissolved (stirring). Stop stirring, and heat until sugar starts turning brown. Wait for bubbles to subside and pour over almonds. When cold roughly chop.
- To serve, top the banana cream cream with extra whipped cream and the praline.