Courgette and pinenut cake
A lovely moist cake and a great way to use up a glut of courgettes!
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees C, fanbake.
- Beat the eggs and brown sugar until creamy. Gradually beat in the oil. Add the vanilla, grated courgette and golden syrup. Beat well.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and allspice together. Add to the wet ingredients. Stir in the pine nuts and combine thoroughly.
- Brush a 26cm ring tin with oil and pour in mixture.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes; until the cake pulls away from the sides and an inserted skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in tin for 5 mins, then tip onto rack.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with Greek yoghurt.