Individual Deconstructed Mango and Raspberry Pavlovas
( SERVES 4 )
This recipe came about after my first attempt at a Pavlova meringue did not go according to plan. Unable to use it for its original purpose I got create. The result was amazing!
- You can make a pavlova meringue, buy one or use a packet mix as mentioned. The actual look of the meringue is not important as you are going to crumble it anyway. So, take 4 glass parfait glasses or transparent dessert bowls and crumble in about 1cm worth of meringue
- Add about a dessert spoon each of raspberries and mango (note you can use frozen if they are not in season or too expensive, it tastes just as good, just has more juice). You can mix them or layer them, layered looks prettier.
- Add a layer of whipped cream
- Start your layers again, meringue, fruit, then cream
- Top with a few pieces of mango and raspberry and you can crumble a little meringue on top for good measure.