Summer Berry Mousse Cake
The original recipe that I found in a magazine years ago uses Frozen fruit but I found the strawberries went watery and omitting them makes a big difference. This recipe is simple and easy to make but visually makes a big impact. It's a beautiful colour as well as being cool and refreshing. A real crowd pleaser.
- Dissolve jelly crystals in boiling water and allow to cool a little, not set.
- Beat cream chesse & sugar until smooth
- In a seperate bowl whip cream until stiff
- Combine cream, cream chesse and jelly. This mixture becomes a pretty pink colour
- Fold in the frozen mixed berries. Frozen strawberries do not work so well.
- Line a 26cm Spring form cake tin and pour in the mixture.
- Freeze for approx 4 hours.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries and cherries. Fresh strawberries work well here.