Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake
My specialty when it comes to dessert are no bake cheesecakes, since I learned making them I try to create a new flavour when there are potlucks within families and friends. One of my favourite creations was this Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake, everybody loves them plus it looks amazing, this was also featured in my blog at angsarap.net and is one of the most popular recipes I have. Recipe can also be found here http://www.angsarap.net/2012/07/20/ferrero-rocher-cheesecake/
- Combine 2 cups crushed Oreo and 3 tbsp unsalted butter, make sure it’s mixed well and butter is evenly spread throughout the crushed crackers, press it in a 9 in pie pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 10 minutes (this makes the crust more firm, but you can omit this process if you wanted to)
- Chill in fridge for around 20 minutes.
- Place softened cream cheese and sugar in a bowl together; using an electric mixer beat the cheese until thoroughly mixed and creamy.
- Dissolve gelatine in hot water then let it cool for a while. Once cooled down add into the cream cheese mixture, continue to beat until mixture becomes fluffy.
- Now add thickened cream and 6 chopped Ferrero Rocher, then fold until it’s evenly mixed.
- Pour over the prepared crust.
- Top it with the Ferrero Rocher and chocolate shavings. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
- Place 4 heaping tbsp Nutella, 2 tbsp confectioners sugar and 2-3 tbsp milk in a double boiler, stir until sauce becomes runny add more milk if required.
- Before serving drizzle melted Nutella on top then serve.