Coconut, Raspberry and White Chocolate Brownie
This dessert is a sensational combination of all my favourite flavours – bitter dark chocolate, sweet juicy raspberries and creamy white chocolate. I wanted to create something with an intense taste that would have a hint of fresh fruit in it, but combined with something dark and intense. Chocolate seemed like a perfect option! This is how it was born – the recipe of a cake that boasts of deep flavour, amazing fudgy texture and high nutritional content. The use of coconut derived ingredients – oil, flour and sugar – instead of their conventional substitutes makes it much lighter, healthier and gluten-free. Raspberries – they have always been my most favourite berries! – add an extra load of vitamin C, much needed during these cold breezy days. There is also a slightly smoky note of vanilla to add a bit more richness. Enjoy a slice or two with a large cup of delicious spring oolong tea!
|⅓ cup||Coconut oil, melted|
|60 g||Dark chocolate, melted|
|60 g||White chocolate, chopped|
|1 cup||Coconut sugar|
|½ cup||Coconut flour|
|0.2 cup||Cacao powder|
|1 tsp||Pure vanilla extract|
|1 pinch||Sea salt|
- Mix all dry ingredients – sugar, flour and cacao – in a large bowl.
- Break dark chocolate into pieces and place it in a tin together with coconut oil. Melt it over low heat stirring continuously.
- Beat the eggs with vanilla and a pinch of salt, combine them with melted oil and chocolate, and add to the bowl with dry ingredients. Mix well, so the batter has no lumps.
- Chop white chocolate into pieces and carefully fold it, together with raspberries, into the batter.
- Now lightly grease a baking tin with coconut oil, spoon the batter in it and put it into a pre-heated oven. Bake at 165 C for 20 minutes. Let the cake cool before taking it out of the form.