( MAKES 18 Muffins )
This recipe is from my Wife's Grandmother, who lived to 94 and always said it was because she ate these muffins every day!
|2½ cups||Standard flour|
|3 tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|2 tsp||Baking soda|
|¾ cup||Apple sauce|
|½ cup||Oil, any oil is ok except for olive oil|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|2 cups||Carrots, grated|
|1 can||Canned crushed pineapple|
|½ cup||Walnuts, chopped|
- Heat oven to 180C.
- Combine and mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the eggs, applesauce, oil and vanilla.
- Stir into the dry ingredients.
- Stir in grated carrots, pineapple, coconut and sultanas and nuts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180C.
- After removing from the oven, let cool and store in an airtight container in a cool place. Due to the high moisture content of these muffins they need to be eaten in a few days.
As a variation, this can be made into a loaf that can be sliced and served, but the baking time will be longer.