( MAKES approx 20-25? )
I made this recipe as part of a complete Mother's Day High Tea for my Beautiful Mum, and this was her favourite part of what was on offer - so easy to make, looks amazing, and very delicious!
- Place one punnet of blueberries, sugar and water into a saucepan on a medium heat. Slowly heat through so the blueberries start to break down. Once the blueberries have broken down to a jam consistency, add the second punnets and cook until warmed, and only just start to break down. Put aside to cool.
- Lay out two puff pastry sheets and spoon spread each layer very lightly with blueberry jam, keeping a 2 cm clear on one edge (this is where your egg wash will seal when you roll the pastry up)
- Then, layer half of the blueberry mixture onto each sheet, and spread over (don't forget to keep the 2cm clear!)
- Break up the cream cheese into small clumps and dot around on top of the blueberries. With a slightly wet finger, push the cream cheese so it flattens slightly, which will make it easier when you roll the pastry up.
- With the egg wash, brush the 2 cm clear edge. From the opposite side, start to roll the pastry into a scroll shape. Once you have rolled this up place on the bench sealed side down.
- Glaze the pastry lightly with egg wash (for colour) and sprinkle with white sugar. Cut the pastry into 2cm thick spin wheels. Lay each pinwheel flat on a lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking tray into a 190 degree oven for around 10 minutes, or until the pasty is golden on the outside.
- To serve, dust lightly with icing sugar, and place with all your other high tea goodies.