Cheesey mustard scones
( SERVES 6 )
its mostly the topping which makes this a hit in our house.
- In a bowl combine flour, salt, grated butter ,1 cup of cheese and mix through.
- in a jug whisk egg then add in the milk.
- gently pour in the milk/egg mixture into dry ingredients and mix until combined (do not over mix as this will make scones tough) add a little more flour if mixture is too wet/sticky
- Roll out into rectangle approx 30 cms long and cut lengthways. then cut into 5- 6 squares or trianges ., brush with mustard and sprinkle over rest of the grated cheese place on baking tray
- oven should be set to 180 degrees, cook for 15 mins