Empanada de Carne
( SERVES 4 )
Beautiful crisp meat empanada's from Argentina
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Centigrade
- Meanwhile melt lard and water in a medium saucepan
- Take off the heat and pour liquid mixture into a the bowl of flour and salt.
- Kneed to combine and set aside
- In a fry pan add the oil and sauté onion and spices until soft and fragrant
- Add the beef mice and fry until brown
- Remove from heat and stir through the remaining ingredients.
- Roll out the dough thinly and cut out 15cm disks
- Place 1-2 Tablespoons of the mixture into the center of the disks then fold one side over the other to make a little pocket
- Use a fork to press the 2 sides together or if you are feeling creative roll the bottom side of the pastry onto the to side pushing down with the side of your finger continuing this movement until you run out of pasrty - This creates the traditional braided empanada look.