Very yummy ham lasagna rolls
( SERVES 4 )
My father made this dish regularly as we children just loved it and requested it all the time. We still really enjoy it now as adults and think that even though it uses quite common ingredients, it has a 'classy touch' to it. It goes well with a green salad.
- Boil some water in a big saucepan. Cook the instant lasagna sheets (two at a time) until they are al dente, take them out and dry them on a clean tea towel.
- For the sauce, bring the chopped tomatoes and cream to a boil in another sauepan, add salt and pepper (and other herbs you like; f.ex. oregano, marjoram) to taste and simmer briefly.
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Put one lasagna sheet on a cutting board, spread it with cream cheese and cover it with a single layer of sliced ham.
- Roll the lasagna sheet up firmly (lenghtwise), cut it in half and stand the two pieces upright in an oven dish.
- Repeat this procedure with the other 7 lasagna sheets.
- Cut the Mozzarella cheese into 16 little wedges and put them carefully into the middle of each roll (with a bit sticking out).
- Pour the sauce over the rolls and bake for 20-25 minutes.