Best Beef Lasagne with Caesar salad
Using fresh ingredients, this recipe incorporates a variety of different food groups, making it a tasty and nutritious meal. It freezes well and is great for using up any leftover vegetables.
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|500 g||Beef mince|
|1 splash||Red wine|
|1 splash||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 pinch||Salt & freshly ground pepper, To taste|
|1 medium||Carrot, finely grated|
|1 stalk||Celery, finely chopped|
|1 medium||Onion, finely copped|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|1 leaf||Silverbeet, finely chopped|
|1 tin||Chopped tomatoes, 400g tin|
|1 cup||Beef stock|
|50 g||Butter, melted|
|¾ cup||Mozzarella cheese, grated|
|8 pieces||Lasagne sheets|
|4||Cos lettuce leaves, washed|
|2||Eggs, Hard boiled|
|1 rasher||Rindless bacon, Fried and cut into strips|
- Heat Frying pan or wok. Add oil, then fry mince - stirring until browned. Add red wine, Worcestershire sauce, salt & pepper to taste.
- Add carrot, celery, onion, garlic and silver beet. Stir together until well cooked. Add tin of tomatoes & Beef stock. Stir together & set aside.
- Prepare white sauce. Melt Butter, add flour & stir together over low heat. Whisk milk in slowly to avoid lumps. Return to heat, stir continuously until thick & bubbling. Stir in 1/2 of the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Pre heat oven to 180 C. Line a 22x22cm Oven proof dish(or similar size) with 2 sheets lasagne (may have to cut to fit). Spoon over 1/2 of the mince mixture & cover with 2 more sheets lasagne. Pour over 1/2 the white sauce, another 2 sheets lasagne, then cover with rest of mince mixture. Place final 2 sheets of lasagne on top & pour over remaining white sauce. Sprinkle remaining grated mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake in hot oven for 20-30 minutes until the top is golden & bubbling.
- Serve hot with Caesar Salad; lettuce leaves, hard boiled egg, cooked bacon & croutons. ENJOY!