It is special because it combines traditional Spanish ingredients with a South American twist. Plus it is very savoury and it was passed down to me by my mother. It reminds me of my homeland, Argentina.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees. Fry the thinly sliced onion in oil until it is slightly brown in a big frying pan. Then add the amount of 6 big potatos' thin slices. Cook at low temperature. It is important to crush gently the slices of potatoes as they are being cooked.
- Beat the six eggs with the cream cheese, parsley, nutmeg, pinch of salt, grated parmesan cheese and thinly chopped garlic clove. Then add the chopped pieces of ham.
- Once the potatoes and the onion slices are soft remove most of the oil from the frying pan. Then, add the mixture of the eggs and other ingredients to the frying pan. Let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Put the frying pan in the oven and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Put it on a big plate/tray which should contain kitchen towels to absorb the remaining oil from the omelette. Serve warm.